Metro LX is a streamlined version of Metro 6. LX is the middle sibling in our product line. Bigger than Metro SE yet much more compact than the full version of Metro. This product, like our others, is available for download only. However, unlike the other products, LX is an OS X only product.
Compare LX to SE and Metro.
The Demo of LX is now available from our downloads page.
The keyboard window allows direct entry from the macintosh Keyboard or mouse and also expands to reveal an advanced arpeggiator under the hood. Great for using your notebook to control AudioUnit (AU) or VST software synthesizers.
- 16 Sections with up to 48 tracks per section.
- Up to 16 audio tracks and 2 aux busses.
- Up to 16 audio effects or 4 synthesizer type plug-ins (soft-synths).
- AudioUnit (OS X) and VST 2.0 Support.
- Unlimited off-line effects edits.
- Freeze or group freeze soft synths to audio at any time.
- Convert synthesizer plug-in output to audio simply by mixing tracks.
- Jukebox for playing MP3, and many other file types. Easily drag from jukebox to project makes jukebox a library window.
- Drag-and-drop editing of audio and MIDI.
- Audio file compression with QuickTime.
- Batch file conversions to and from MP3**, MP4, Apple Lossless, and many others.
- Tap Tempo.
- VU meters for monitoring of audio and MIDI.
- Multiple color schemes.
- Context-sensitive, searchable Online Help.
- Online tutorials.
- Multitrack Digital Audio Record.
- Record at variable sampling rates and sample sizes including professional quality up to 96kHz and 32 bit.
- Edit and process with sample accuracy.
- Apply audio effects in real-time and make off-line edits.
- Audio menu functions as shown in picture to the right.
- Merge audio (Combine).
- Real-time mixing with VU meters includes assignable volume faders and pan knobs .
- Stereo mix-downs at variable sampling rates up to 96kHz and sample sizes up to 32 bit.
- Multitrack MIDI.
- Step record, punch in-out, loop record, sound on sound record, and multi-take MIDI record modes.
- Flexible pattern-based sequencing.
- Edit audio, MIDI notes, controllers, tempo, audio volume, audio pan, aux buss send volume, aux buss send pan, pitch bend and drum patterns within a single time-locked window.
- Fade and automate volume, pan and other data.
- Quantize and Humanize MIDI.
- Pitch bend and transpose notes.
- Drum grid editing.
- Criteria-based editing.
- Record, edit and insert SysEx data.
- Multiple time/key signatures per song.
- Set selections precisely using a numeric input dialog.
- Velocity editing.
- Import and export audio using QuickTime.
- MIDI file import and export (types 0, 1 and 2).
- Experiment and apply different rhythms in real-time with the Rhythm Explorer™*.
- Paint a musical canvas with the Note Spray tool.
- Note Pad for keeping notes on individual files.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
And much more!
*Metro LX has a limited selection of algorithms in Rhythm Explorer.
**requires LAME converter available separately.